Minim releases Mega Panel: Service Provider COVID-19 Response, a virtual event
The Coronavirus pandemic has led to an 82.5% increase of broadband usage during business hours and 33% increase overall in quarantine markets (FierceTelecom). At the same time, the home WiFi is being put to the test as family devices compete for bandwidth— leading to perceived issues. What's more, ISP technicians may not be welcome into the home.
We recognize the immense pressure this has placed on Internet Service Providers. That's why we're pleased to share Mega Panel: Service Provider COVID-19 Response, a virtual event that brought together 8 members of the fixed wireless industry to explore COVID-19 business challenges and adaptation strategies.
Available as part of the Virtual WISPAMERICA 2020 event, this Mega Panel is hosted by Minim SVP Customer Success Andy Piggott and features the following fixed wireless industry members:
- Gerry Ford, President of DoubleRadius, a wireless networking solutions distributor for WISPs with offices in Charlotte, NC; Salt Lake City, UT; and Toronto, Canada
- Layne Sisk, President and CEO of ServerPlus, a customer and technical support provider for WISPs based in Orem, UT
- JJ McGrath, Owner of TekWav, a WISP based in Sherman, TX
- Nick Hampton, Network Manager at Wildanet, a WISP based in the UK
- Paddy Paddison, CTO of Wildanet, a WISP based in the UK
- Casey Imgarten, CEO/Owner of Air Link Rural Broadband, a WISP based in North Central Missouri
- Sean Moore, Technical Support Manager at Air Link Rural Broadband, a WISP based in North Central Missouri
- Micah Wine, Network Administrator at Isotech, Inc/KCCoyote, a WISP based in Kansas City, Missouri
These seasoned Mega Panel participants share advice for addressing the COVID-19 related business challenges. Key topics include:
- Network equipment shortages from supply chain disruptions
- Field technician safety as support call volumes hit record numbers
- New subscriber installs and support with social distancing
- Employee morale while working from home
- Subscriber connectivity issues as a result of peak network usage
To access the full Mega Panel recording, visit the Virtual WISPAMERICA sessions list or click below.